Dore-Westbury Vertical Milling Machine Help

I have recently bought a second hand Adcock & Shipley Model No OC horizontal milling machine, which has been fited with a Dore-Westbury Light Vertical Milling Machine Head. I would like to locate some operating/maintenance instructions for the original machoine and the Vertical Milling Head. Any ideas?

In particular, I need to know how to change the vertical head speed. There are two speeds available from the pulleys, but I believe that a total of 6 speeds can be obtained buy use of the epicyclic gearbox. Anyone have any idea how this is done?

Reply to
Greg

Jim Wilkins

Jim & Gunner,

Thanks for your help. From the assembly drawing I have and the information on the website I can now select the low gear range on the vertical milling head.

Greg

Reply to
Greg