Questions about adcok & shippley 1ES vertical head

Hello,
I have an old 1ES Adcock and Shipley milling machine with a vertical head.
I have the documentation of the mill but nothing about the head.
I have few questions about it : First of all, what is the correct lubrificant for the head ? Oil or Grease. It seems to be grease but i am not sure.
Second, theire is a blind hole on the face of the head, just under the hole of the (oil or grease) nipple. What is it for ???
click to open the full size version of the image
thank's a lot for your advices, an adcock and shippley milling machine is not common in normandy !

"capflamme" wrote in message

Tony Griffiths at http://www.lathes.co.uk/ will happily sell you a manual
Andrew
replying to Andrew Mawson , capflamme wrote:

Hello Andrew,
Thank's for your advice but as i have mentionned above, i already have the manual of the mill. The veritcal head is an option and no details are given in the manual.
Capflamme.