usenet server?

Sorry if a bit OT

My ISP (Zen internet) is stopping its usenet service next month. Does anyone know of a good news server?

Thanks,

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

I use news.individual.net at a cost of 10 euro per year. They are very reliable and filter a lot of spam out.

You can try it for two weeks before signing up at:

Rodney Pont

Eternal September

Reply to
gareth

+1
Reply to
no_spam

Eternal-September

-

Changed ISP abour 4 years ago & lost access to usenet. Been with Eternal-September since then. Don't recall their servers ever being down. Brilliant for a free service.

Regards wasbit

Reply to
wasbit

As others have said, Eternal September. I moved over to them after deciding that paying Giganews was no longer economic with the fading away of Usenet. Ended up with better performance and no fees :-)

Reply to
Mark Rand

Another vote here for Eternal September. I started using ES when my BT news server decided it liked some BT ip addresses and not others. So if my line disconnected and I got an ip address in a different range on reconnection my news feed ceased !

ES was easy to set up and so far I've had not issues.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I also use news.individual.net and highly recommend it.

Richard

Reply to
richard

astraweb block $50.00 US for ever,

Reply to
F Murtz

I went to Astraweb (chose its EU servers) donkeys years ago. One small payment of a trifling amount and just NO sign of it ever running out. Boasts the most complete archives and no expiration. Brilliant, rock solid service!

Was driven to it because my ISP, Demon, newsgroups service was going from bloody awful to worse :/

Now if I could only find a Web hosting site with the same sort of cheapness and efficiency... never mind an ISP.

John

Reply to
JC Morrice

The sad thing is that Demon ran their own news servers and gave fixed addresses as standard for quite a few years. It all went to hell in a hand basket when they got sold to Thus :-(

Mark Rand (now on a BT Business-infinity connection. Too much money, but

70/20Mb/S and 5 fixed addresses) -- RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand

I have now changed to Eternal September - so far it looks good, but this is also my first test message...

Thanks all,

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Peter,

Likewise I went to Eternal September and this is my first post. I have noticed that the Eternal September server seems more reliable than the Zen one as I regularly got timeouts on the Zen server and problems loading message so looks to be a change for the better.

Reply to
David Billington

Receiving you loud and clear in Chippenham.

BTW WWSME has an engineering show at their base in Westbury on 7th Sept.

gareth