usenet server?

Sorry if a bit OT
My ISP (Zen internet) is stopping its usenet service next month. Does anyone know of a good news server?

Thanks,
-- Peter Fairbrother
On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 01:56:31 +0100, Peter Fairbrother wrote:

I use news.individual.net at a cost of 10 euro per year. They are very reliable and filter a lot of spam out.
You can try it for two weeks before signing up at: http://news.individual.net/
--
Faster, cheaper, quieter than HS2
and built in 5 years;
On 16/07/2014 06:05, Rodney Pont wrote:

+1

I also use news.individual.net and highly recommend it.
Richard
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://piaohong.appspot.com/newsgroup

Eternal September

Eternal-September
- http://www.eternal-september.org/
Changed ISP abour 4 years ago & lost access to usenet. Been with Eternal-September since then. Don't recall their servers ever being down. Brilliant for a free service.
Regards wasbit

As others have said, Eternal September. I moved over to them after deciding that paying Giganews was no longer economic with the fading away of Usenet. Ended up with better performance and no fees :-)
--

Mark Rand
RTFM

"Mark Rand" wrote in message

Another vote here for Eternal September. I started using ES when my BT news server decided it liked some BT ip addresses and not others. So if my line disconnected and I got an ip address in a different range on reconnection my news feed ceased !
ES was easy to set up and so far I've had not issues.
Andrew
On 17/07/14 08:18, Andrew Mawson wrote:

I have now changed to Eternal September - so far it looks good, but this is also my first test message...
Thanks all,
-- Peter Fairbrother
On 29/08/14 17:42, Peter Fairbrother wrote:

Peter,
Likewise I went to Eternal September and this is my first post. I have noticed that the Eternal September server seems more reliable than the Zen one as I regularly got timeouts on the Zen server and problems loading message so looks to be a change for the better.

Receiving you loud and clear in Chippenham.
BTW WWSME has an engineering show at their base in Westbury on 7th Sept.
www.wwsme.org.uk
Peter Fairbrother wrote:

astraweb block $50.00 US for ever,
writes

I went to Astraweb (chose its EU servers) donkeys years ago. One small payment of a trifling amount and just NO sign of it ever running out. Boasts the most complete archives and no expiration. Brilliant, rock solid service!
Was driven to it because my ISP, Demon, newsgroups service was going from bloody awful to worse :/
Now if I could only find a Web hosting site with the same sort of cheapness and efficiency... never mind an ISP.
John
--
JC Morrice
snipped-for-privacy@pentode.demon.co.uk

The sad thing is that Demon ran their own news servers and gave fixed addresses as standard for quite a few years. It all went to hell in a hand basket when they got sold to Thus :-(
Mark Rand (now on a BT Business-infinity connection. Too much money, but 70/20Mb/S and 5 fixed addresses) -- RTFM