Machinery Dilemma

A multitude of riches....

Now we have the Beaver turret milling machine, one of the other machines will have to go.

We have the Adcock & Shipley 1ES with the M Bridgeport head and the Adcock & Shipley 2ES plain horizontal.

I am tempted to keep the 2ES for heaving milling and sell the little 1ES (which also has a pile of spares from the one we broke up)

Any thoughts/recommendations?

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Sounds logical to me, One decent vertical and one decent horizontal. Plus side is the 1ES will have a higher resale value than both the others and have a better customer base.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

That would seem to make sound sense. There are times when a horizontal can be very handy for hogging out big lumps, or gang milling. The 1ES doesn't really offer anything that the Beaver doesn't give you, you just get more capacity with the beaver.

Regards

Kevin

PS Let me know if you do want to shift the 1ES, I've been on the look out for something with a quill feed for a while.

Reply to
Kevin Steele

Much along my own thoughts. The 1ES takes the same 40Int tooling as the 2ES but the Bridgeport M head is (I think) No2 morse taper.

Strangely enough, the 1ES is not a huge amount smaller than the 2ES, and in terms of floor space there's not a lot in it, but the table is much bigger on the larger machine.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

I will definitely be selling the 1ES after some thought over the weekend.

It will comprise the 1ES with the Bridgeport M head, a spare head body and parts that we bought for spares to replace the damaged belt housing on the original, the remnants of the other 1ES that we stripped for spares, including a spare table, feedscrews and nuts and most of the gearbox, contactors etc. I think the knee casting was scrapped with the main body, but if not it will be in the engine shelter.

Note that the whole machine is partly dismantled still, which is probably as well if we are going to have to move it again. The spare table is in the workshop as well, as are the box(es)of spares etc.

You have first refusal, let me know if you want to come and have a look at the wreckage...:-))

Peter

Prepair Ltd

The Adcock & Shipley 1ES and Bridgeport head etc has now been sold, thanks for the enquiries.

Peter

Peter A Forbes