IS there someone with an Armor milling machine model JM

I have a Armor milling machine model JM. It is a vertical and Horizontal machine. I checked the place in the UK, but they only had different models. This company was in Burbank CA, an Aircraft Machinery Company. Any help is very very much appreciated. If I can't find any info on it, I will sell/trade it, and buy a small Chinese mill drill ......Peter in Sacramento, CA

Reply to
PeterM

Whats wrong with it that needs it being replaced with a Chinese machine?

Gunner

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her t*ts" John Griffin

Reply to
Gunner

Honestly too complicated, and actually bigger then I wanted to be, even though it is small by milling machine standards (still a bench type).. Are you in CA? I thought I emailed pictures to a Gunner before. I could send them pictures to you if you like......Peter

Reply to
PeterM

Please..send em on to me.

Gunner

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her t*ts" John Griffin

Reply to
Gunner

No clue as to the model but I used a Armor mill at my former employers. I might be able to answer a few specific questions.

Reply to
Wayne Cook

Reply to
PeterM

Hello Wayne....My biggest question in the spindle thread, it is like an Atlas lathe 1 1/2 x 8 thread......I just like to know what they used for a collet closer, and maybe what individual collets they used.....Best Regards...Peter I would like to send you some pictures if you like, it is probably better to look at what I mean..

Reply to
PeterM

Send them on.

As for the thread question. Well that leads me to believe that I may not be much help. It must be a different mill from the one I used. Ours definitely didn't have a thread on the spindle. It took B&S #7 mill holders (I think that's the right size might of been a #5).

Reply to
Wayne Cook

Hello Wayne...thanks for the interesting info. I'm not actually sure of the inside taper, it holds MT#2 pieces quite nicely. Just recently I noticed some copper wrapped on the inside of the arbor. Nice and tight, so I wonder what is under it. I wonder what size taper it really is, or if the arbor has a leak. I may have mixed up some words here, Arbor spindle etc, please forgive me for that, my brain is working only on one side.....Grandpa ....Peter

Reply to
PeterM