Al A.

Except I've never had a key break in THAT location.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

--Seems to me like a rediculously over-complex method to solve the problem, when a plain old 'key extractor' tool would do it in a jiffy, heh.

Reply to
steamer

I forgot to mention:

Confucious says, "Man who breaks key to girl friends apartment gets no new key."

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Same here. Not really sure how one would break at that point since it would be in the barrel anyway. I suppose you MIGHT be able to break one there if you straightened a key and fractured it. Even then it would be tough unless the pins are VERY stiff.

I would still use a standard sharp tooth extractor to grab it out. Then a pair of grabbers when it gets to the start of the keyway.

Reply to
Steve W.

Can somebody explain what the hell is going on in those pictures?

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

I heard as losing the key but then it was 56 or so years ago in highschool. :-) ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

On 23 Jan 2007 16:52:31 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, steamer quickly quoth:

Just make one. A new scrollsaw blade and a couple seconds on a belt sandah would do the trick, too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------- Unfortunately, the term "Homo Sapiens" is a goal, not a description. ----

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 20:42:05 +0000 (UTC), with neither quill nor qualm, Cydrome Leader quickly quoth:

It's, um, a broken key extraction, Cy.

You're welcome.

-------------------------------------------------------------------- Unfortunately, the term "Homo Sapiens" is a goal, not a description. ----

Reply to
Larry Jaques

In article , wrote: :On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 22:28:59 -0500, Jeff Wisnia : wrote: : :>

:>Stumbled on this today. Seems rather clever, 'eh? :>

:>Click on the "Instructions" button. :>

:>

:>Jeff :Except I've never had a key break in THAT location.

The way that happens is when the tip breaks off a key in the lock, then someone tries to insert another key and pushes the broken tip to the back of the keyway. It can also be a result of unsuccessful extraction efforts gradually pushing the broken tip further into the keyway.

Reply to
Robert Nichols

Probably about the same number of years for me too since I graduated High School* in '53. And I heard it then the same way you did, I just couldn't resist exercising a little poetic license to make it fit the thread better.

Jeff

  • Lowell High in San Francisco.
Reply to
Jeff Wisnia