Patenting the Automobile?

Plenty of metal content in cars I suppose....

I stumbled onto this bit of automotive trivia today:

It is one many wierd patent stories on their site:

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Plus the site has every child's dream machine, the gas-powered pogo stick!

Stan

Reply to
stans4

A gas-powered pogo stick is truly MY dream machine--I guess that makes me a child :')

I tried to get one on eBay once but the bidding quickly went out of my price range (winning bidder wound up paying over $700 for it). I guess it's good that I didn't get it as I'd probably kill myself trying to leap tall buildings with a single bound on that crazy thing anyway.

Reply to
mk10

[ ... ]

:-)

I've heard stories (from someone I know who has one) of someone else who tried to make one on his own -- using a single "jug" from a VW engine as the cylinder.

The first time he tried it, he landed on the roof of the house. :-)

The piston in the official thing is *much* smaller. I've seen it -- but not had a chance to try it.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Maybe I have found a use for the cylinder and piston from my old Lawn Boy mower - the bearings were so worn it could no longer inhale through the reed valve. Probably break my neck test driving it - maybe second son will volunteer.

Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller