milling attachment for sale

I have a Palmgren milling attachment,Model 250 ( also sometimes
called a "vertical slide") in excellent condition for sale. It looks
like a vise mounted on a z-axis track and can be adjusted vertically
to .001" to place your work piece at the correct position for milling
on the lathe. It fits a 9 to 12 inch lathe.
Only used a few times on my SB10K lathe before I got a mill/drill.
I would like to get $130. US for it. If interested,
email me at pmerriam "at" accesscable.net and I can send
you some photos. I am located in Nova Scotia, Canada.
Reply to
Peter Merriam
Don't sell it if you don't need the money.
1. When I only had one milling machine, I had to make some adapters to mount a new motor ... needed a mill to fix a mill... my vertical slide came in really handy.
2. There have been several occassions where I used the vertical slide as a tool post or as a work holder in the lathe.
Now, with a horizontal and vertical mill and a drill press with an XY table .. I still won't give up my vertical slide.. you just never know when you'll want that third degree of freedom.
Boris
Reply to
Boris Beizer