Chester Cestrian Multifunction Machine - comments?

Hello all, Chester have just started advertising this all-in-one machine on the back page of ME. For the life of me I cannot work out what they mean by 40mm vertical and 70mm horizontal milling capacities - the size of cutters maybe? Can't see ,55 Kw doing much more than a small 3.1/2" loco. Sure won't do my 4" Little Samson wheels :-) Looks an interesting machine in any event. Anyone have any initial thoughts on it? Will be very interesting to get feedback from users. Cheers GeoffH Norfolk - UK not VA

Reply to
GeoffH

have just seen this advertised in the latest MEW. Isn't it the Golmatic machine that Pro Machine Tools (who sell Emco/Wabeco stuff) have been selling for a couple of years? Have seen them at the shows and though they look interesting, but have heard very little about them. I would imagine that they suffer the great drawback of all these "multi-function" machines that whenever you want to use it it is configured in the wrong way -and you spend more time converting the machine than doing the little job you wanted to. If you have the space always get seperate machines.

Regards

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele