Chester uk service

Just a quick note - My lathe motor (or condenser) gave up on Dec31st. I sent Chester an e-mail hoping for a reply early next week in fact got a reply at
9.15 this morning (Jan 2nd) well done Chester.

Bob, are you looking for a replacement motor? if it's for the mini-lathe I might be able to point you in the right direction for discount spares - and indeed discount imported lathes! Hugh

Nice to hear Chester getting some good press for customer service for a change!
Regards, Tony
They do alright for me. I rang them on Tuesday morning and the replacement gear for the Model B combination lathe was with me this morning. However now I've got a CVA , a Boxforda Bridgeport and a Centec the Model B has to find a new home. I have to say it has served me well for a number of jobs over the last few years, I think you learn more from working with a machine with limitations but there is a limit, bigger machines move more metal much quicker and are more accurate.

Anzaniste wrote:

I would not put that combination together in general. You need a big machine to plough out heavy cuts, but that does not necessarily mean they are more accurate ;) I have to admit to roughing out with the Centurion and finishing on the Taig, but it simply depends on the size of the job. While a Bridgeport would be nice as you say "you learn more from working with a machine with limitations" and in general can still achieve the same level of accuracy.
The Chester machines need a little persuasion to perform well which for me has been part of the 'learning curve' :) ( and the service does seem to be improving )
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL