Excellent service!!!

Here is one of those rarer than rare postitive customer service postings! Some months back, I pancaked my Funtana 40 into the ground. Landing gear came off along with the section of fuse it was bolted to. No biggie. Unfortunately, the wing was pretty much reduced to powder inside and I determined it was really not repairable. After much debate of whether to get a replacement wing ($111 w/shipping) or an entire new plane I decided to go for the replacement wing. I ordered one the weekend before last. I had it sent to my father's house since he is retired which makes sigs easier to provide. Yesterday morning he brought the wing without the box ( too large to fit in his Jeep Grand Cherokee along with his other planes) but still wrapped up in the bubble wrap out to the field. We unwrapped it at the field. Found a couple of cracked ribs right off the bat. Kept unwrapping. Got to the center section and it was completely smashed. I mean kibbles and bits. Well, called up Horizon Hobby when I got home, told them about the damage and that I didnt have the original box anymore. Jokingly said I could roll it up and ship it back to them in a bag if they wanted. No problem! They (Tim) said they would ship out a replacement wing immediately along with a call tag. Put the damaged wing in the new box, slap on the label, and send it back. New wing arrived today! Primo condition. Dont see a call tag tho unless it is in the bottom of the box or is in the mail. How is that for service? Next friggin day! Kudos to Horizon Hobby!

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

That's the kind of story I like to read. Good for you and Horizon Hobby.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Ditto!! I ordered a replacement wing for a Funtana 40 from Horizon. It arrived with one half of the wing demolished. Sent it back and a new one was prompltly sent. Good service from Horizon, but I would be a little peaved with UPS trashing packages.

John VB

Fubar of The HillPe> Here is one of those rarer than rare postitive customer service postings!

Reply to
JJVB

They are called OOPS for a reason. Was worried when I opened the new box. It looked like somebody had set a couple of those 5 gallon plastic buckets on top of the box. The rings were pretty well embossed into the cardboard. When I get a package from OOPS I usually ask it, "What did Brown do to you?"

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Ur Packages Smashed!

Reply to