Excellent service!

Usually we are quick to gripe about lousy service from whatever company makes us unhappy but I am glad to be able to sing praises about service where the praise is due. A while back I bought a KMS 4120/05 brushless motor from the local Hobby People. It came with a poorly threaded aluminum bolt on prop hub. The threads stripped while finger tightening the nut down on the prop. I was eager to fly the plane and removing the washer that would go between the nut and prop moved the nut down to a section where the threads were OK and I was able to tighten it properly. Also Hobby People were closed for the day and I was impatient to fly the next morning. Plane flew fine for multiple flights till the battery ran out at the wrong time and the plane belly flopped to its death. Before I put this motor on another plane I figured I better replace the hub. Well, couldn't find where to get a replacement. The store didn't have em and searches on the web kept directing me back to Hobby People. I emailed customer service at Hobby People, told them the story including the crash and all and asked where I could obtain a replacement and asked the price. Got an email the very next day sympathizing with my problem and promising to send me a replacement! I sent the email on Monday, got the answer on Tuesday, and today, received not one, but TWO hubs complete with washers, nuts, and a set of socket head screws for mounting free of charge. Huzzah!

Dan

Reply to
Fubar of the HillPeople

That's good to hear about Hobby Peoples service. However, now you need to land before your batteries go dead.

Reply to
Vance Howard

Yeah, working on that... I suppose that why they add that beepy type countdown thingie to the tx.

20' off the deck, nose pointed straight up is NOT when you want the battery to go flat. 25' up, I would have been OK.

Dan

Reply to
Fubar of the HillPeople