Which charger? Any recommendations?

I sold my Accu-Cycle Elite because it will only charge up to a 3 cell lipo. It was a great charger but that was a limiting factor for me. I have around $150 to spend on a new charger and I'd like to hear what you might recommend. I need it to have AC/DC power, up to 6 cell lipo charging capability, cycle/discharge, of course multiple cell NiMh and NiCad charge capability and a reasonable max charge rate. Optional but desired would be lipo balancing, charging two batteries at once and temperature sensor. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance. Howard

Reply to
Howard

I ordered one of these:

and it came in last Friday. So far it has been great, I'm considering buying a 2nd. It works from AC or DC, up to 6 cell LiPo, LiIo, LiFe, and has a built in balancer that has kept my packs balanced to .01V. It comes with a nice set of charge leads, a temperature sensor, and a USB cable and software, you can graph your charge/discharge cycles on a PC. Has 0.1 to

5.0A charge 50W max and 0.1 to 1.0A 5W discharge. Also has storage mode for LiXX packs. And at $55 each, you could get 2 and still have money left over. I ordered mine from Hobbypartz.com and got $4.95 flat rate ground shipping. I've only used it less than a week but probably charged 20 or more packs, works great so far.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Thanks Roger. I saw your thread before I posted mine. It sounds good and as mk said "Sounds to good to be true. You get what you pay for?" Also, m-m said "Sounds like it's the "normal price" that's being overcharged." I kind of agree although I could be wrong. Anybody else familiar with the charger RogerN has? I'm going to hold out for a few more opinions. Maybe I'll get that. Thanks. Howard

Reply to
Howard

Another excellent charger/balancer is the Triton 2 EQ.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Thank you Red. Your opinion is highly respected. I've been leaning towards that. Although it retails for $199 I found it brand new online for $125 incl. shipping. This fits my budget and I have great confidence in the brand name. Thank you, Howard

Reply to
Howard

There seem to be a lot of this type of charger, same specs, same menus, etc. I downloaded a manual for another brand of charger and it's the same as mine as far as I can tell. I also followed the calibration instructions for another brand charger and it worked for mine. Anyway, on the xheli and hobbypartz website I saw a few customer ratings. Here's a link with other similar chargers and a lot of customer reviews.

When I power up my charger the display says HOTA CHARGER, I'm guessing they probably make the Thunder, IMAX and GT chargers.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Anybody have an address or website or email for HOTA that makes the Thunderpower TP-210 clone? I have a manual, etc. but nowhere does it say how to contact them. I'd like to get one repaired!

Reply to
sailr

Vance Howard