Which charger? Any recommendations?

I sold my Accu-Cycle Elite because it will only charge up to a 3 cell lipo. It was a great charger but that was a limiting factor for me.
I have around $150 to spend on a new charger and I'd like to hear what you might recommend. I need it to have AC/DC power, up to 6 cell lipo charging capability, cycle/discharge, of course multiple cell NiMh and NiCad charge capability and a reasonable max charge rate. Optional but desired would be lipo balancing, charging two batteries at once and temperature sensor. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance. Howard

I ordered one of these:
http://www.xheli.com/thac6bachwac.html
and it came in last Friday. So far it has been great, I'm considering buying a 2nd. It works from AC or DC, up to 6 cell LiPo, LiIo, LiFe, and has a built in balancer that has kept my packs balanced to .01V. It comes with a nice set of charge leads, a temperature sensor, and a USB cable and software, you can graph your charge/discharge cycles on a PC. Has 0.1 to 5.0A charge 50W max and 0.1 to 1.0A 5W discharge. Also has storage mode for LiXX packs. And at $55 each, you could get 2 and still have money left over. I ordered mine from Hobbypartz.com and got $4.95 flat rate ground shipping. I've only used it less than a week but probably charged 20 or more packs, works great so far.
RogerN

Thanks Roger. I saw your thread before I posted mine. It sounds good and as mk said "Sounds to good to be true. You get what you pay for?" Also, m-m said "Sounds like it's the "normal price" that's being overcharged." I kind of agree although I could be wrong. Anybody else familiar with the charger RogerN has? I'm going to hold out for a few more opinions. Maybe I'll get that. Thanks. Howard

<snip>
There seem to be a lot of this type of charger, same specs, same menus, etc. I downloaded a manual for another brand of charger and it's the same as mine as far as I can tell. I also followed the calibration instructions for another brand charger and it worked for mine. Anyway, on the xheli and hobbypartz website I saw a few customer ratings. Here's a link with other similar chargers and a lot of customer reviews.
http://www.hobbycity.com
When I power up my charger the display says HOTA CHARGER, I'm guessing they probably make the Thunder, IMAX and GT chargers.
RogerN
Another excellent charger/balancer is the Triton 2 EQ.
Red S.

Thank you Red. Your opinion is highly respected. I've been leaning towards that. Although it retails for $199 I found it brand new online for $125 incl. shipping. This fits my budget and I have great confidence in the brand name. Thank you, Howard
Anybody have an address or website or email for HOTA that makes the Thunderpower TP-210 clone? I have a manual, etc. but nowhere does it say how to contact them. I'd like to get one repaired!
--
sailr
On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 19:10:11 -0500, sailr wrote:

http://www.hota-exp.com /
--
To reply by email: vhoward1122 at gmail dot com