Need new battery charger!

My AccuCycle + got very wet. It's garbage now and I need a replacement. I want to buy a charger that is up to the times, as in, capable of charging all types and sizes of batteries. By now is there an obvious choice in say the $3-400.00 range?

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Capt. Dave

Triton charger $130 Nicd's Nimh's Lead-acid Lithium -poly

0-5 amps discharges cycles not waterproof though (grin) I love mine

Paul

Reply to
Paul in Redland

If you are looking in the $300-$400 range take a look at the Sommer Miniron Mobil - 5 ports, Ni-Cd, Ni-MH, Lithium Ion/Polymer, Lead Acid, Lithium Metal (Tadiran). 2 amp charge capability (shared over the 5 ports. Cycles/formats/tests.

-- Red S. Red's R/C Battery Clinic

us out for "revolting" information.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

What about Ace Super Digipace 3? is ii a good charger?

replacement.

Reply to
Alowishious

Not too much above your price range is the UBA 4 from Vencon. Pretty snazzy system with PC interface, database, and analysis software. Two channels @ 2.5A each.

For $150 or so, the GP Triton ain't bad.

I just pitched my broken Accu-Cycle Plus in the bucket and put a Triton in it's place. _much_ better device and not that much more expensive. Has a port for attaching optional thermal probes for NiMh and LiPo types.

A horse of a charger is the Quad Pro Charger from Radio South.

outputs up to 1.5A each. Has a 12V "boost" circuit to allow charging from car battery with engine off. Down side is it only handles NiCd and NiMh automagically.

Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust

Fred McClellan

Includes free lessons in fathoming gibberish, too. The "manual" is a hoot.

Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust

Fred McClellan

OK for Ni-Cd and Ni-MH but very limited in scope. TX and Rx battery only - slow charge.

-- Red S. Red's R/C Battery Clinic

us out for "revolting" information.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

The Triton charger seems like a good one for electric power and maybe IC too.

Reply to
gary

What he said. I love mine!

Reply to