Chester's

Hi. Is there any other outlet for me to purchase a 920 lathe other than Chester's. I've been trying to order one for quite a while now but I never get the return phone calls etc that are promised. eventually I was told on the 1st April that I would get a phone call on the Morning 5th April, I didn't get it. I phoned to enquire, in the afternoon, why and was told "The man I needed to talk to was the man I've been dealing with all along, but he's on the phone right now. Give me your phone number and I'll get him to phone you as soon as he gets off the phone". I'm still waiting 3 hours later. I'm now wondering what the after sales service will be like if I purchase a lathe eventually. Please, is there any other supplier in the U.K? Regards. John

Reply to
john

Sold by J&L Industrial, as # HTO-30020E, £ 699, ( they sometimes give discounts.. ) Tel 0800 663 355.

Hope this helps

-- Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

In message , john writes

try

- I would send a copy of your complaint vie email to chester - they have had a bad reputation for service in the past and did appear to be sorting it.

Reply to
Graham Howe

Thank you Jonathan, for your help, I've sent off for their catalogue. Regards.John

Reply to
john

If the service is that poor I wonder what the products are like, do they reflect the service

Reply to
fastlad

The catalogue... Bancrupcy is just arond the corner :-)

Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT>

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

: >

I enquired about a craftmsn lathe from Chesters and the buy was very helpful, catalogue arrived the next day, phoned me back when stock arrived so i could view, visited factory unit and was afforded reasonable time to view but machine wasnt connected. Confess this was several years ago I actually bought a 918 in the end but was quite tempted by the craftsman. ChrisR

Reply to
Chris

This is a very Chester experience. Been there, several times: beats me how they stay in business.

Their machines are ok, though, provided you don't expect miracles. Treat then gently and they keep going. This is just as well because getting spares from Chester is also a pain. They are nice and helpful on the phone, but putting the right bits in a bag seems beyond them!

Reply to
Tim Christian

Well I must commend Warco for their prompt attention to my order of the 918 lathe. I rang Mr Warren yesterday Tues 6th April and was told I could have the lathe delivered on Thursday. You can imagine my surprise when I answered the front door to find a large delivery truck with my new lathe. After my experience with Chester's, I just couldn't believe my eyes. I now have no fears of Warco's after sales service whatsoever. My faith in tool suppliers has been restored, with the exception of Chester's that is. John

Reply to
john
918 : lathe. I rang Mr Warren yesterday Tues 6th April and was told I could have : the lathe delivered on Thursday. You can imagine my surprise when I answered : the front door to find a large delivery truck with my new lathe. After my : experience with Chester's, I just couldn't believe my eyes. I now have no : fears of Warco's after sales service whatsoever. My faith in tool suppliers : has been restored, with the exception of Chester's that is. : John : I must admit that is where I got my 918 as well as their version of the Myford Mill Benn very pleased with the machines accuracy. The detailed finish matches the price. The 918 is great apart form the lack of a backgear. ChrisR
Reply to
Chris

Try to get spare parts or after sales service and your faith in them will be?????????????

Reply to
fastlad

So I sent an email to Lindsey of `Warco` asking why my new 918 lathe motor was just making a buzzing noise and not turning no matter what I did. I received a prompt reply that Mr Warren thought it would be the motor start-up condenser and would be in touch soon. That very day, I got another message from Lindsey telling me that they would be sending me a brand new motor in return post. It will be on my doorstep by the Tues 5th May. It would be earlier but for the bank holiday weekend. Top that for spares and customer service. Regards.John

Reply to
john