Who knows about my Precise Product Corp Milling machine

I just picked up a super nice Precise Products Corp. Super 65 milling machine, and I can't find anything on this really small mill. It does amazing things. I googled and found the company, but could not navigate to that milling machine. Probably a product from the 60' out of Racine Wis. Any help is appreciated. Peter

Reply to
PeterM

The more I look at it, it might be a grinder of some sort as well, but it sure looks like a mill to me also. I hope one of you has a clue....Peter

Reply to
PeterM

Racine WI makes me think of Precise, the makers of a line of high speed spindles. They were owned by Rockwell for a time, but have been spun off again. From your second message, I'm wondering if this is a tool and cutter grinder with a Precise spindle. The majority of the machine may not have been made by Precise.

I have a Super Cycle 68 spindle, 15 - 54,000 RPM, it needs a

2-phase power supply at 250 - 950 Hz. I will eventually get around to making a unit for that. The older ones had universal motors and could be run with a Variac for speed control.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Reply to
PeterM

I have a Precise Super 65 variable speed grinder that operates from 0 -

45,000 rpm. I have it mounted on a CNC gantry system I built. I run .0312 endmills for inlaying materials into cue sticks. Runs very smooth and accurately.

Dick

Reply to
Dick