Dore Westbury Milling Machine

Hi,

I bought many years ago, some of the castings and parts to make a Mk2 version of the Dore Westbury mill, but had to put a hold on its machining and assembly for some time as I was still a serving member of HM Forces. Now having retired and wishing to get stuck into this project I find the original source of the parts (Model Engineering Services under the stewardship of Ivan Law) has now ceased supplying for this particular machine.

Can anyone offer advice/parts/sources for this machine. I have completed the base, slides, column etc, but am missing the parts that constitute the main spindle, motor holder, gearbox, drive pulleys etc.

If I remember rightly, the kit was sold in a number of casting groups, and I had purchased groups 1 - 4. I am consequently trying to source parts for the remainder.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Barry Brown

Reply to
Janner305

Halo

Wouldn't you like to sell your "westbury" parts Could you attach pictures of the parts? I hunting for one of them but no one would post it to ROI, to Dublin so maybe parts?

Reply to
jendrys1