Unknown Milling Machine

Can anyone help identify this milling machine?

http://81.155.58.47/mill2.jpg http://81.155.58.47/mill3.jpg http://81.155.58.47/mill4.jpg Its not marked with a manufacturers name - some parts (e.g. worm drive, motor mount) have a "home-made" appearance - although the castings (compound table) etc are obviously professional - it may be a kit?

Generally cast iron construction.

No 2 Morse taper in the head with Myford ML7 thread.

Table 7" x 14" - stand 13" wide x 16" deep - about 33" front to back. Hand-wheels marked in mm - 2.5mm per turn.

Any idea what it is worth?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

---------------------------------------------------------- Steve Randall G8KHW snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com UKRA #1072 Level 2

steve randall

Steve,

I think that you have a Dore-Westbury there, but the table is not made as per the drawings (It had tee slots at 90 degrees as well)

The Dore-Westbury was sold as a set of castings by Ivan Law, and I think there were options as to how 'raw' the casting were - ie you could have some of the heavier machining done so it could be finished on a Myford.

Andrew Mawson

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Looks like an early Westbury machine, before Arnold Throp became associated with it and it became the Dore- Westbury. Very similar head casting, use of dovetail sides instead of box ways.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Sorry - please now try (my wife turned my router off dispite the DONT TURN OFF sign) -

http://217.42.15.19/mill2.jpg http://217.42.15.19/mill3.jpg http://217.42.15.19/mill4.jpg Steve

---------------------------------------------------------- Steve Randall G8KHW snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com UKRA #1072 Level 2

steve randall

Steve

-looks very similar to my Mk1 Dore-Westbury, apart from the table.

Woking Precision sell a Dore-Westbury derivative (or forerunner?) which is also very similar (see

Mike

Reply to
Mike Crossfield

Yes that's it! (or very close) - thanks Mike, John and Andrew for the help.

I also got an idea of the price to build from scratch from the Working Precision Models site - looks like I'll be getting a bargain :-)