Unknown Milling Machine

Can anyone help identify this milling machine?

http://81.155.58.47/mill2.jpg

http://81.155.58.47/mill3.jpg

http://81.155.58.47/mill4.jpg
Its not marked with a manufacturers name - some parts (e.g. worm drive, motor mount) have a "home-made" appearance - although the castings (compound table) etc are obviously professional - it may be a kit?
Generally cast iron construction.
No 2 Morse taper in the head with Myford ML7 thread.
Table 7" x 14" - stand 13" wide x 16" deep - about 33" front to back. Hand-wheels marked in mm - 2.5mm per turn.
Any idea what it is worth?
Thanks in advance.
    Steve
---------------------------------------------------------- Steve Randall G8KHW snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com UKRA #1072 Level 2 http://www.ukra.org.uk EARS http://www.spackington.com /

Steve,
I think that you have a Dore-Westbury there, but the table is not made as per the drawings (It had tee slots at 90 degrees as well)
The Dore-Westbury was sold as a set of castings by Ivan Law, and I think there were options as to how 'raw' the casting were - ie you could have some of the heavier machining done so it could be finished on a Myford.
Andrew Mawson
On Wed, 5 May 2004 22:17:43 +0000 (UTC), steve randall

Looks like an early Westbury machine, before Arnold Throp became associated with it and it became the Dore- Westbury. Very similar head casting, use of dovetail sides instead of box ways. -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
On Wed, 5 May 2004 22:17:43 +0000 (UTC), steve randall

Sorry - please now try (my wife turned my router off dispite the DONT TURN OFF sign) -

http://217.42.15.19/mill2.jpg

http://217.42.15.19/mill3.jpg

http://217.42.15.19/mill4.jpg
    Steve ---------------------------------------------------------- Steve Randall G8KHW snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com UKRA #1072 Level 2 http://www.ukra.org.uk EARS http://www.spackington.com /
Steve
-looks very similar to my Mk1 Dore-Westbury, apart from the table.
Woking Precision sell a Dore-Westbury derivative (or forerunner?) which is also very similar (see http://www.wokingprecisionmodels.co.uk /)
Mike

On 6 May 2004 10:21:43 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net (Mike Crossfield) wrote:

Yes that's it! (or very close) - thanks Mike, John and Andrew for the help.
I also got an idea of the price to build from scratch from the Working Precision Models site - looks like I'll be getting a bargain :-)