Motor inverters

Are there any designs for homebrew motor inverters about? - I have had a scout round the internet without much luck. From what I can tell (electronically speaking) they don't actually seem that complicated.

Steve

---------------------------------------------------------- Steve Randall G8KHW snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com UKRA #1072 Level 2

steve randall

Nexus do a range of books and two in particular are on electric motors, one of the books has a section onhome built inverters.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

A converter is reasonably easy, but an inverter has a lot of power electronics, and in practice overload protection, and other features.

With the heat sinks the actual physical design is quite important.

What are you after specification wise... I have a dead inverter for spares or repair...

-- Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

I'd be tempted to get three old UPSes with duff batteries, remove the drivers and run them from a micro with appropriately phased PWM outputs.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

Get some new batteries and you can continue to make swarf during power cuts.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand