Motor Alarm ?

I've got a Hitachi Seiki 3NE which has developed a motor alarm and put the machine into an EStop condition. This is an alarm LED on the operator's panel the next to the lube & shear pin alarms, not on the NC control. No alarm there.

We always thought this was a motor overheat alarm and we were wondering if anything else could cause it. The motor seems good and the motor repair guy I talked to suggested it could be the thermister in the motor has gone bad.

How would I check the thermister and what kind of values would I be looking for? Couldn't I fool the control by bridging in a good thermister temporarily?

Thanks

Bob-

Reply to
bebop