Need good NE source for wand-type tool breakage detector

Hi Everyone, How about an on-topic post for a change? I am looking for a supplier of wand type tool breakage detectors, preferably in New England. Doesn't have to be OEM
just someone I can turn to easily for support & advice. I am not looking for the laser type because I am detecting just existence vs. non-existence. The tools in question are High Pressure coolant fed drills of diameters ranging from .110 to .136. I'm setting up tool life management, but in the beginning, and in the event of an unforeseen circumstance, I am not anxious to destroy the subsequent tools in the cycle as they try to make it through the busted-off HPC drill stuck in the part. Suggestions? Thanx, -plh
--
Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET??

I can't remember the name of the units we use right off. I'll try and remember to look tomorrow and get you some info. These are the whisker type.
--
Anthony

Thanx, Anthony, whisker type is what I am looking for, I will keep an eye out for your post. -plh
--
Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET??

Here you go..... *very* reliable units, replaceable wands.
http://www.techna-tool.com/index.php?id=bk_mikro
--
Anthony

Those are relatively small drills for ACM but may be worth looking into just the same.
http://www.omative.com/default.asp
Proactive ACM vs. Reactive tool break detector.
Tom
says...

That's dandy but reactive is what I want. Thanx, -plh
--
Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET??

Stop buying your endmills from New England and you wont need a broken cutter detector.

Try reading the post first, then you will be able to provide an intelligent answer. -plh
--
Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET??

I wasn't going for intelligent. Just breaking the ice.

http://www.spcinnovations.com/ Lousy web site but a pretty good bunch of folks.
Omron used to make them as well, but I can't find them on their web site.
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d

http://www.ia.omron.com/data_pdf/data_sheet/zx-t_ds_csm1424.pdf

That wasn't it, but fairly cool none-the-less.
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d

I know you're looking for a whisker type, but it may be worth looking into the Renishaw TRS2. It's just a single laser beam. It doesn't measure tools, it only detects whether or not they are there. It's not in the work area, and it's reasonably priced. I've seen them function in real life a few times. It's a very neat little setup.
http://www.renishaw.info/en/8117.aspx

Possible PA source - John M. Rowe, Inc. - 717-949-6597
Not sure what brands they carry, but my main contact there is Tim Rowe.
www.johnrowe.com
Tell him Joe from AutoDrill sent ya for most excellent service I say in my best Bill/Ted impersonation.
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
V8013-R

wand
be OEM

for the

tools in

the
subsequent
stuck
Here are some that we've used in the past -
http://www.ciro.com/middtool.htm
http://www.techna-tool.com/index.php?id=bk_mikro
Balluff also makes some low cost thru-beam systems, that may or may not be applicable depending on presence of coolant at the time of the check.
--
Regards,

Paul Sevin