Pure Nickel machining question

Anyone have some Speed & feed advice for milling Nickel 200? (Pure Nickel) I am milling pockets with a Ø.1875 .03R bull nose end mill, and getting a lot of chatter type tool marks. Have tried Cobalt & Micrograin carbide tools. Finish DOC is around .002", side finish step is .020" Cobalt RPM is 1000rpm, carbide is around 2500rpm.

ca

Reply to
clay

We went around, instead of milling, used EDM - wire and sinkers to machine Nickel200. EDM cuts Nickel200 like butter. Fast too! Julius

Reply to
Protagonist