Survey: Do You Like Work That is Safe, or Risky?

To All:

This is for shop owners AND employees. Do you like to do work that is boring but safe, or do you like to do work that is trick but risky? And why?

[ ] Safe Work [ ] Risky Work [ ] Other

Comments:

Reply to
BottleBob

o work that is

you really should better define safe vs risky; if you are taking health wise, what do you mean as the consequences ? a cut finger, amputation or death ? or financially, a company risks making or losing a bit of money or going completely under vs assured financial stability for years to come.

Reply to
raamman

R:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be ambiguous. I'm not talking about physical risk, but "doability" risk. Which would entail financial loss for the company if the part couldn't be made within the quote. I hope that's a little more clear.

Reply to
BottleBob

I only do the boring work, that pays, so I can spend my time and creative energy on the interesting stuff.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

[x] Challenging

I tend to get bored rather easily and when I get bored I'm off my game. It's important for me to work for companies who do challenging type work. In fact, after the horrible experience at my last of job building stinking optical tooling (the equivalent of shiny washer molds at best) for a entire year, it's a prerequisite.

Reply to
Black Dragon

I like to take the risky/challenging work, and implement processes that turn it into safe/boring work. That, (and getting paid) are the two most enjoyable parts of my business related life.

Reply to
Joe788

30 days net

No prob--so long as you buy the materials and write me a check I'll get started right away...

Boring pays the bills, and beings as semi-skilled labor is relatively cheap...

The risky / complicated stuff I still enjoy and when it does come in I usually will do most of the actual work by myself.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

We have a winner. ;>)

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA