Tapping with oil

Years ago we picked up a barrel of a very heavy oil - the label said "Cold
Forming Fluid" - at an auction. I don't have any idication of the
manufacturer, butu it was great for tapping; the oil was so heavy that you
could dab it on with a brush and not have to worry about the coolant lines
blasting it off.
Anyway, that old barrel is about depleted and I'm looking for other ideas. I
know that a few old-timers still like tapping with oil, and we find that it
does seem to work better, at least in stainless. I just wondered what some
of you were using.
moT
Reply to
Tom Accuosti
Rocol

tpow
Old Guys??!! Have you looked in the mirror lately?;-)
Just think, if you used some good high octane cutting oil in your machines, instead of toilet water, you wouldn't even be asking this question:-)
I love the smell of sulfur and chlorine in the morning!
Matt
Reply to
Matt Stawicki
I never found anything better than EasyFomy. We tried a lot on different oils and fluids and one of the tap manufacturers told us to use this after we complained about short lives of their taps. Jerry
Reply to
Jerry
Yep, nothing better when it's frying just a little.
Reply to
Why
We use "Tap heavy" by Trim when we have an application like you describe.
Alex
Reply to
Alex Charles