Tapping with oil

Years ago we picked up a barrel of a very heavy oil - the label said "Cold Forming Fluid" - at an auction. I don't have any idication of the manufacturer, butu it was great for tapping; the oil was so heavy that you could dab it on with a brush and not have to worry about the coolant lines blasting it off.

Anyway, that old barrel is about depleted and I'm looking for other ideas. I know that a few old-timers still like tapping with oil, and we find that it does seem to work better, at least in stainless. I just wondered what some of you were using.

moT

Reply to
Tom Accuosti

Rocol

tpow

Old Guys??!! Have you looked in the mirror lately?;-)

Just think, if you used some good high octane cutting oil in your machines, instead of toilet water, you wouldn't even be asking this question:-)

I love the smell of sulfur and chlorine in the morning!

Matt

Reply to
Matt Stawicki

I never found anything better than EasyFomy. We tried a lot on different oils and fluids and one of the tap manufacturers told us to use this after we complained about short lives of their taps. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Yep, nothing better when it's frying just a little.

Reply to
Why

We use "Tap heavy" by Trim when we have an application like you describe.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Charles