Thread ring gage designtion

I am doing and inventory of our thread gages and have come across several odd gages. They have a -2 on the end of the size. For example: 1 1/8-12 NF-2. It's on the GO and the NO-GO ring. The pitch diameter is slightly larger on these -2 ring gages than on the standard gages. Couldn't find any info in the Machinery Handbook. Can anyone explain these?

Reply to
DrFrye

NF stands for National Fine also called UNF Unified National Fine So my guess is your 1 1/8-12 UN-2 is the same as 1.125-12 UNF-2A.

If the PD is not within 2A tolerance for each member then the gauge is out of tolerance or it is a mislabeled special.

-- Tom

brewertr

? 2009?7?26???? UTC

+8??12:06:31?DrFrye???

I Think it is 1 1/8-12 UNF-2A or 2B if you need new gage, try this

gaugestools