X-Planes

Here's a question:

An email arrived a short time ago from somebody named KH.

Any aviation buffs in this group that might be familiar with

1940's aircraft technology please speak up. Ever seen or heard about experimental aircraft that resembles the stealth wing technology shown at link (2) of page below ?

It looks a bit more complex then a mid 40's design, however, captured German technology maybe ?.

I will probably have to delete this page eventually since it came to my attention via private email.

John

Reply to
John Scheldroup

It might have helped if I knew which was suppose to be the front but it could be the Voight V-173 / XF5U-1 "flying flapjack". The flat side is the front.

WEL

Reply to
lubarsky

be the Voight V-173 / XF5U-1 "flying flapjack". The

We might have to have to rule out the Horton Cliff. The Voight comes close, but given where the image came from, out of a newspaper, still the propellers would be somewhat noticeable ?. The main difference that I can see or what I can't see is the cockpit is centerline in Rhodes picture, (notice shiny bubble) while on the Voight the same bubble or canopy is at the front.

So even if you could control gravity, are there design reasons as far as stability in the atmosphere, to then include airfoil control surfaces ?

John

Reply to
John Scheldroup

Or before the Zeta-Reticulans have their MIBs shut it down *for* you!

Tom

Reply to
Tom Accuosti