diesel-electric control system

Hi
I?m working on a PLC based drive control system for a diesel-electric mining truck. Does anyone know of a similar system, maybe locomotive.
I?m starting from zero, so anything will help me, resources links, theoretical models but of course a already implemented model will be excelent. Thank you very much.
Jos?