Empirical Modeling Software

Hello All,

I'm a BS ChE from Oregon State ('79) and have been consulting in empirical modeling, prediction and model-based control of processes in oil & gas (lift gas optimization & APC of distillation), utilities, food processing, etc. for some years now.

We have a new empirical (data-driven, not a theoretical simulator) process modeling software tool ("Process Modeler ") and we'd be pleased if you would help us find any "challenges" in it and give us some feed back on features (or lack thereof). Runs on Windows. Loads text files & Excel workbooks (of defined layout) as well as OSIsoft's PI historian data. Yes, of course, it's free to kick around for a while. Yes, this may appear to some as a solicitation, but we are honestly interested in getting feedback on the product and you *may* find it interesting, might learn a thing or two, and we might too.

The capabilities are already applied to many industrial virtual sensor / property predictor / optimization applications (that is to say APC through model inversion), but this product has been designed to make it easier to access, clean-up, time-lag, construct & validate models.

Thanks,

Carl Cook President / CTO BioComp Systems, Inc.

Carl Cook