kalman filtering for tracking an ellipsoid's motion

Here is an ellipsoid's equation: (x-U)^T*S*(x-U) = 1 where, U is for the position and S is for the orientation and size of the
ellipsoid (S=R*D*R^T, where R and D have the "orientation" and "size" information,respectively).
I want to track this ellipsoid which can translate, rotate and scale in a smooth continuous way. I think these three motions can be treated independently. So three kalman filtering processes may be developed in each one of which velocity and acceleration need be included. My question is How to model these processes. Any idea?
--
Guanglei Xiong
Department of Automation
Xiong Guanglei wrote:

Are you performing GPS calculations? Satelitte tracking? Send me some more information about exactly what you are doing.
James
I am working on tracking a simple ellipsoid ( (x-U)^T*S*(x-U)=1, where S=R*D*R^T)
this ellipsoid can translate(U), rotation(R) and scale(D). Sensor(which is an algorithm I design) can give postion,orientation and size information at discrete time. can kalman filtering do this sort of task? What model should I use?

--
Guanglei Xiong
Department of Automation
Xiong Guanglei wrote:

Hello Xiong,
Here are a few links that may help. Unfortunately, most of the time I have seen Kalman filters, they were deeply embedded in tracking hardware and the details of their use was not avaialbe.
http://www.spd.eee.strath.ac.uk/users/was/project/Intro.htm http://gpsinformation.net/main/kalman2.htm http://www.swarthmore.edu/NatSci/echeeve1/Ref/Kalman/ScalarKalman.html
good hunting!
James