Motion control of DC brush motor

Hi, is there anybody who can recommend a PWM- amplifier which I can use to drive a DC brush motor (5A, 24VDC). We have got the motor already and looking now for an appropriate drive. My knowledge with respect to drives is limited and I'm confused by terms like "4-Q" or "1-Q" amplifier. Is there a amplifier which is especially suitable for driving spindles (feed drives) and perform position and velocity control? Could you refer to a similar project (website, journal)?

Some parameters: Input of amplifier:

-set value: 5VDC bipolar (control value)

-enable

-direction

Output of amplifier:

-Motor