new technique for controller design.

Hi I have found a new technique for controller design.It works for LTI plants and based on the extended Bode and Nyquist theorems. With this technique you can place the roots of a characteristic equation (closed loop) into the desired area (in complex plane) and you'll get the stability and desired step response at the same time.That's what modern state techniques do,but in my case you don't need to estimate state and don't need observer,you just get simple serial controller.

The question is : if somebody interested in using such technique and if it's worth to keep working on that?

Reply to
Anry

What is an LTI plant? I tried the web and got a variety of institutes and Inc.s but nothing that looked relevant.

Walter.

Reply to
Walter Driedger

Hello Walter, LTI stands, in this case for Linear Time Invariant, I guess.

Mariano.

Reply to
Mariano I Lizarraga

Anry,

I have never seen a plant that was either linear or time invariant.

Walter.

Reply to
Walter Driedger

Neither have I. The term 'LTI plant' is obviously not a good choice. On the other hand, an 'LTI model' sounds a bit better.

And not only that, depending on an application area, linear design techniques might be powerful and useful, for example in:

- filter design for communication channels - yes, we do use some control design techniques to tackle these issues since the communication channel can be understood as a dynamic system, very much close to linear...

- control of flexible structures like very large telescopes - yes, we invest a huge amount of money to make system behave (almost) linear and then the only major trouble comes from weakly damped modes. Linear design techniques are very strong at filtering these out.

Well, but I believe that in process control industry, linearity is not a property to be met...

Best regards, Zdenek Hurak

Reply to
Zdenek Hurak

Dear Anry

Honestly, this way of promoting new theoretical achivements seems to me rather peculiar.

Either your original (!) results are interesting enough and valid (!) that they would stand a rigorous review in one of the highly rated control theory journals like IEEE TAC, SIAM SICON, S&C Letters or IFAC Automatica or your contribution to theory is doubtful.

Why are you asking about somebody's background? Show us your background by telling us whether you succeeded in persuading the scientific community that your contribution to control theory is significant. A confirmation of your success is publication in one of the above mentioned journals (well, there are a few others in Extended SCI). Nothing else counts. Dot.

Zdenek Hurak

Anry wrote:

Reply to
Zdenek Hurak

Hello

I'm not a salesman and I'm not promoting anything, just giving it for free and even ready to pay my time to somebody who would listen... About a review in control journals: as I said the work is still in progress and there is no final version for publication yet. I have some theorems, controller design algorithms and MATLAB programs, but also many open research directions to complete. I know that expanding the roots of any theory is a thankless thing to do, so I need maybe a little encouragement or other opinion, that's all. The main question was: is anyone interested in learning new theories at all???

As you may guessed, English is not my first language and "background" word maybe doesn't fits in my question, but I understand that the level of knowledge and interest in control systems can be different from one user of this forum to another, So before I'll start talking I'll need at least some common starting point...

Have a nice day

Reply to
Anry

Still, I don't fully understand. Your theory is not complete, is not ready to be published, but you are ready to show it to us?

I suggest creating some web page with simple description of the basic principles of your new method, perhaps some interactive stuff like Java Script or Matlab Web Server application can make your presentation more attractive.

Honestly, I can't imagine that you simply start putting your formulas here in this forum or sending emails with large attachements. This is not how scientific communication should be organized. Even if we were truly interested in your new methods.

In short, I suggest using standard scientific communication channels: conferences, journals, comprehensive and perhaps interactive web presentation.

This newsgroup and others may serve as a place where you tell us: "hello guys, I have done some work on this and that, if you are interested, have a look at my page, there are some simulation ready for you, you can download a preliminary version of my paper that I am going to send to Automatica. I would be happy for your comments. Especially, I am not sure if the formula (3.5) expressing the minimum achievable overshoot is correct"...

This is my understanding of scientific and engineering communication.

Zdenek

Anry wrote:

Reply to
Zdenek Hurak

Hello Zdenek,

I think it's a good idea to open a web page, though I'll need to learn web design and it will take some time. I will post the link to that presentation page later...

Thanks

Reply to
Anry