Re: LQG control of flexible structure

This problem is frequent if you use 'care' command of Matlab with great matrices with hamiltonian eigenvalues near imaginary axis because I guess it uses matrix sign method to solve continuous-time algebraic riccati equations. You should use 'aresolv' that is slow but hasn't this problem or implement Newton's method if you need great accuracy or you can use other specified methods if a faster computation is needed. If you write down your equation and its dimension, I will help you.
Bruno Iannazzo