Tuning PI controler for integrating process without time delay

Nasser has put a question that has no practical meaning.

This has not stopped a bunch of erudite engineers jumping in with answers based on their readings of his mind.

This happens all the time when questioners are not adept at our trade and cannot construct a meaningful question. They are sometimes ridiculed.

We should be politely asking for a description of the physical process including numbers -mass, dimensions, engineering units, purpose of process etc.

Art

Reply to
Arthur Holland

It seems that not everyone has read this advice:-

Those of us who know the questioner has not produced an appropriately phrased question with enough clues in it to enable a simply stated answer to be returned will always tend to ask for elaboration. However, like you, I am also amazed at how many others will respond with a solution on the basis of an assumption of what the OP was really asking. We are, I am sure, aware of the famous saying about the word ASSUME.

Reply to
Paul E. Bennett

I think it has more to do with Rorschach. If I do answer a poorly framed question I try to say something like "I _think_ you mean to ask ...; if so here's your answer". Questioners don't purposely ask vague questions, so you have to help them understand what information they need to supply.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Hi Guys: I would like to thank all people who spent time to help me and I want to say to them that what they have written was very helfull for me. I'm also accepting the comments of Art and Paul but I think that they forget the fact that this forum is one way of teaching people. It is a great chance that if you have a problem you can present it here and proffesionals will be ready to help so. If you , Art and Paul, think the question was formulated in a silly way , you can ask me for more details and help the questioner to give more information which you think are essential. In my case , I was asking for a general PID/PI correlations which can be used to help in tuning PI/PID controller for integrating process without time delay. I wouldlike to confirm that my question was general and I was looking for a general answer. Because, if you read the literature of tuning PI/PID controller for integrating process with time delay you will find many PI/PID correlations which can be applied for a wide range of process. Again I'm thanking everyone who has made sincere efforts to help me and I will accept all other advice , simply because I'm a student and I still searching for information whatever is the cost. Thank you Nasser

Reply to
Nasser

I, and I am sure Art, are well aware of the power of the Internet as a teaching tool. However, as professional engineers, we see many "students" posting requests for information without giving enough of a hint to what they are trying to learn. Please read the information on the site I posted the link to as it has very useful advice for all those who wish to have a decent, prompt answer to their problems. Otherwise we will end up with very long threads that do everyone a dis-service as they will be full of clutter on determining the mean ing of the Original Posters question.

We often ask for more details and feel that, if you had read for a while in the newsgroup before psoting your question, or even reviewed similar threads in Google Groups or similar repository of past similar questions you would have known how better to phrase the questions (or even already found an answer without needing to ask).

PI/PID controller tuning is a very frequent topic in this newsgroup. A Google search on this newsgroup would have revealed approximately 3500 messages on the topic.

In case you lost the link I posted last time here it is again.

Paul E. Bennett