Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Transmitting linear 4-20mA d.c. signal over fibre optic cable
I posted this question on the forum and it was suggested that I come here. I have a signal conditioner which outputs a 4-20mA d.c. signal linearly proportional to a measured input. About 4 miles away...
2
2

RTDs, 1000 ohm vs 100 ohm
Hi All. I have looked and looked, and I can't seem to find a good reference on this. What are the pros and cons of a 100ohm vs 1000ohm platinum RTD? Appreciate the info, DanW
6
6

"Rhetoric for Engineers" available FREE!
Are you having trouble with any of this? =B7 Hiring the right people? =B7 Training new people? =B7 Motivating people? =B7 Finding and developing ideas? =B7 Entering a new market? =B7 Communicating...
14
14

Mitsubishi Q Series
Just to ask if there is any better programming and development interface for the Mistubishi Q series than GX Developer that works under a Windows XP environment on the development PC.
2
2

Knowledge in DUP-line protocol?
Anyone that has deeper knowledge in the DUPline serial protocol? As to my knowledge, 0-level is 8,2 V. 1-level is 2,2V or less Channel-Generator =3D Master-Generator by "inactivity" =3D all bits zero...

Automatic optimization of high order control loops
Automatic optimization of high order control loops - using State observer. I developed a simple algorithm that optimizes closed loops in time domain by using the criteria: Integral abs|e| dt > MIN...
6
6

basic control systems question
Hello all, I am planning to start construction of a reprap robot sometime in the near future. But I have a basics question for you. I use data loggers all the time at work (I am a chemical researcher)...
4
4

ARCS-08 Call for papers
Call for papers The 2008 International Conference on Automation, Robotics and Control Systems (ARCS-08) (website: ) will be held during July 7-10 2008 in Orlando, FL, USA. We invite draft paper...

Modbus devices control
Hi all, I am rather new to the field and I was asked to plan a remote control solution for an industrial machine. The machine is composed of about 6 modbus interfaced devices and needs to be...
8
8

PID constants: Proportional band or Gain, reset or integral time?
Hi all, I'm currently involved in the development of a new commercial PID controller and we are wondering what the majority of the users expect for the tuning constants. Do people want a controller...
4
4

Observers types and differences
Hello, I'm just starting in observers field and I'm a beginner. I've to study model-based observers, closed loop observer and adaptive obsever for my phd work. Where can I find a clear explanation of...
6
6

Dynamic analysis of robot
I wanted to work on dynamic analysis of robot. But this concept is not given in simple language in any book and also whatever given is very short. Pl. Help me and provide material so that i can learn...
2
2

Analytical Instrument Reliability
In an application where we have an off-line analytical instrument looking at a fluid stream, we are cleaning the sensor every week (deposits on the sensor degrade its performance). Even with that, the...
14
14

Approximating Differential Equation on the Basis of Measured Values
Approximating Differential Equation on the Basis of Measured Values, not physical derivation. When starting up technical systems one can utilize a plant step transfer function for getting data like (x...
65
65

Positioner w position transmitter & 3 limit switches?
We have an application at our chemical plant that we'd like to replace. Process pressure is maybe 10psig max. The following setup is part of an autovent system. It is mounted to a relatively large...