A good book for intro to metal casting...?

Hello,
I'm interesting in seeing whether I can do some simple metal-casting at home. Is there a good book for the total and complete newbie/"idiot"?
Is there a different one for mold-making?
Also, if the casting itself is too much for me to deal with at home, but could make a mold, would some places actually do a tiny run (2 - 4)?
I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, all I know is that I've modeled some things in 3D, and sketched some others, that I would very much like to produce, but am trying to decide how to do it. A couple would IMO look best in bronze. ((I've considered oven-firing and air-hardening clays, btu the additives make them kind of rubbery, difficult to smooth and not too easy to do fine detail. Plasticine is, of course, super-easy to work, but never hardens. I still have to find out what material would be best to use to sculpt things for making molds.))
Many Thanks in advance for any answers, suggestions, and/or ideas anyone is willing to offer someone starting from Zero :)
- KMK.
While I was looking for info on waist oil heaters I got side tracked on to several site that had oil fire forges.Alot of interesting things cast right in the back yard.I will try and find those links.
Kris Krieger wrote:

Belated Thanks :)
I've never done any sort of work with metal (well, aside from covering Thanksgiving turkeys with tents of aluminum foil...) so I appreciate any sort of "metalworking for dummies" info :)
I just get too many ideas, that's the problem ;)
- KMK
Try Lindsay Publications on line www.lindsaybks.com Jack Morse