center punch

a long time ago i was at a friends shop and he had a center punch that had an eye piece that you looked through to line up your center punch with your scribe marks. he called it an optical center punch. my question is does anyone know were to get one or how to make one?

thanks charles snipped-for-privacy@aci.on.ca

Reply to
c.foster

Yeah. All the usual machine shop supply places carry them. MSC, J&L, etc. You can also make one. There was an article in Home Shop Machinist a couple of years ago telling you how. I think there may be a file in the metalworking dropbox

) describing how to make one too.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman