center punch

a long time ago i was at a friends shop and he had a center punch that had
an eye piece that you looked through to line up your center punch with your
scribe marks. he called it an optical center punch.
my question is does anyone know were to get one or how to make one?
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
Yeah. All the usual machine shop supply places carry them. MSC, J&L, etc. You can also make one. There was an article in Home Shop Machinist a couple of years ago telling you how. I think there may be a file in the metalworking dropbox
formatting link
) describing how to make one too.
Reply to
Gary Coffman

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.