Crank handle for MG Y motor car (ca 1946)

Folks,
I have offered to make a crank handle for my friend's MG Y.
It would be appreciated if someone could advise me of the details of what is
needed: (a) at the end of the crank handle which engages the nut on the fan belt pulley. (b) how long the shaft of the crank handle needs to be to clear the front bumper bar.
(I don't have access to the MG Y as my friend lives in a distant city.)
Thanks for your help.
Regards, Bruce Simpson