Help with milling setup for novice

Hi,
I have recently purchased a vertical milling machine to cut slots in front panels of enclosures for our prototypes.
The main 2 jobs are cutting small (10mm x 15mm) slots in 2mm aluminum flat plate (plate is 65 x 30mm). And cutting slots in the end of 1.5mm ABS plastic enclosures.
My main issues are.
1. What is a good way to hold down the jobs. (I have a set of T-Bolts and threaded rods etc but not sure how to hold the jobs securely in place without marking them). 2. What sort of jig or template could I use to repeat jobs (small runs up to 30)
Finally any good web sites for info on milling operation and/or jig making would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance