Help with milling setup for novice

Hi,

I have recently purchased a vertical milling machine to cut slots in front panels of enclosures for our prototypes.

The main 2 jobs are cutting small (10mm x 15mm) slots in 2mm aluminum flat plate (plate is 65 x 30mm). And cutting slots in the end of 1.5mm ABS plastic enclosures.

My main issues are.

  1. What is a good way to hold down the jobs. (I have a set of T-Bolts and threaded rods etc but not sure how to hold the jobs securely in place without marking them).
  2. What sort of jig or template could I use to repeat jobs (small runs up to 30)

Finally any good web sites for info on milling operation and/or jig making would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
David