Source for BMS?

I'm looking for a small piece of mild steel, preferably free cutting for a project, 2-1/2 x 2-1/2 x 1-3/8 (inches).

When finished it's supposed to be a four way tool post.

It's an exercise in marking out, milling, drilling and tapping. Not intended to be the best/cheapest way to get a 4 way toolpost.

See how defensive I get in these Newsgroups?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

try MCM at salford,061 736 2498

2 1/2 x 2 1/2 is £1.99 per inc

-- bolma

----------------------------------------------------------------------- bolmas's Profile:

this thread:

bolmas

Most of my stuff is bar, but I can ask at our local machinists on Monday and try and blag a piece or two...

Peter

Peter A Forbes

If you are anywhere near the M1 J 24/25 area pop in and raid our scrap bin.

BTW it's best to make two or three as it's easier to swop tool posts

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

You don't say where you are...

If Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire...

Egglestons in Derby. O.K. Services in Sutton-in-Ashfield.

Your local model engineering company...

Best regards, Dave Colliver. ~~ Customise your internet experience

Dave

Thanks for the generous offer John, I do head out that way from time to time, but there's nothing on the radar to suggest when I might head that way next.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Thanks for the kind offer, I think I'm going to try the Salford contact, I get that way quite often just now.

Seperate topic, an old gent is having a clear out, are you interested in old Petter/Lister engines and spares (single cylinder diesel - there might be a twin)? Location is Lancs near the M6

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Like asking a model engineer if he's be interested in a Myford lathe ?? :-))

I replied off-list as well.

Thanks

Peter

Peter A Forbes