Source for 3/4 OD toolholder bushings

Looking for more frugally priced 3/4 OD bushings for my Aloris AXA-104. Found some through North Bay Cutting Tools, $21.95 for a 3/8 ID by 3/4 OD, plus $2 for USPS. Their on-line payment does not give a warning about unsecure content like ebuy does. Uses CC and PreyPal.

<
Reply to
Louis Ohland

Or if, like me, you can't ever find that 9/32 bushing you made, make one of these. The collet block costs about $20, about $130 less than an Aloris AXA-5C, and a lot less work than boring your own 5C socket.

Ned Simmons

Those are some pretty welds, Ned! Neat idea, too.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Ned, How did you insure the axis of the collet holder block is parallel to the clamping bar? Did you machine the bar after welding? ...lew...

Reply to
Lewis Hartswick

Thanks. Practice, practice. And magnifiers for us old guys.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

I clamped the bar within a couple thou of parallel before welding and it didn't seem to move. I figured on milling or grinding the bottom surface if necessary, but it's more than close enough for its intended purpose: holding small boring bars.

Out of curiosity, I just checked parallelism in the vertical plane of the lathe spindle with a couple pieces of ground stock. My eyeball says it's better than .005 over 3 or 4 inches. But keep in mind this is dependent on the trueness of the toolpost and the specific holder the device is clamped in.

Reply to
Ned Simmons