PM DC Motor question

I would like to repair a 12 VDC PM field motor which has one field piece loose. The adhesive yielded and one pole fell off. In the process of cleaning off the old adhesive I lost track of the correct orientation of the loose field piece. It can go the motor frame in either of two ways. Both of the field pieces are marked with a dot on one end. Do the dots go in the same direction or in the opposite direction.

Desperate in LA

Reply to
Eric Schumacher