Roper-Whitney # 68 Punch

Hi, I'm refurbishing an old Roper foot operated punch and have hit a roadblock. It's a model 68 (same as your model 58, but with a 24"
throat). I need to remove the two gibbs that hold the ram against the backplate, but I can't get them to budge. The bolts are out, and I've half heartedly tried to knock one of the locating dowels out with a pin punch, to no avail. I really don't want to hurt this nice old machine, but I've got to get those gibbs off. What is the right way to accomplish this?
--Max