The best Plasma Cutter

Hi Guys,

Looking for a Plasma Cutter. So many choices with little understanding. This is for my boy friend as a HBD gift. Yes I know.... $$$$$.. He's worth it.. :)

Ok... Machine tourch. Cutting at most thickness is 1/2 steel. But he does mostly lighter materials. I can't tell what he has now, but I know we are building a new workshop that will have 220v service for his cutters..

Whats the best? What is the one that uses the least comsumables (if used right) and does the most percision cuts? Does he really need 220v? If so why?

I read those specs and they all claim to be the best...They are all greek to me. Who's right?

Give it me straight.. I am ready to break out the CC but I want what is right.

Also, one related question. Is there an alternative to Wincnc that don't cost so much?

Thanks Jen

Reply to
Jeniffer Ness

Hello... Lucky Boy Friend! The best out there anywhere is the Shop Sabre unit... I'm not affiliated with them. go to

Good Luck! Fred.

x-- 100 Proof News -

30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Reply to
FredG

If you get a model that uses a built in air compressor to blow out the cut instead of a gas mix the cost of consumables will go way down. Hobart makes such a model. that's the one I am thinking of buying. Good luck and I'm sure he will love whatever he gets. Lucky guy.

Reply to
Vulcan

To see some fairly extensive information on Plasma Cutters, take a look at:

There are a number of links to various information and suppliers there, about mid way down the page.

Bill

William Gray