Broaching Question

Hello group,

I am needing to broach a 1/4" keyseat in a hub that's 3" lg. The key will go all the way through the hub. To make it easier for me to make a broaching collar (I don't know the correct name for the round piece that the broach rides in), I was wondering if that piece could be made out of aluminum or would that be to soft and the broach would want to seize in the part?

Thanks in advance!

Eric

Reply to
CDC