3phase lines

Hello

In USA using single phase lines of 120/240 and 3phase lines o 120/208. Coexisting 2 types of lines. it would be very esay an unique line 3phase of 127/220 V??

Reply to
D4V1D

My invets in my house. (from 3phase line 127/220 V)

In Spain Coexistin lines o 3x127/220 V and 3x230/400 V

David

"D4V1D"

Reply to
D4V1D

No, there is only one type. Transmission is usually[*] three phase, with transformers from that to single phase for residential use.

[*] some older and remote areas have only single phase distribution.

Easy, sure. Unique yes, because there is no reason to do so. Unique and *expen$ive*, certainly.

Reply to
Keith Williams

120/240 single phase is used mainly for residential service. In such areas there will be no 3 phase service at the user level. There will be higher voltage say 12.5/7.2KV three phase but often only one phase is run down a particular street as single phase service is adequate. For commercial and light industry 120/208 may be used (127/220 is more common in Canada). Coexistence of both in the same building is not generally the case. If 400/230 is used then there will be a co-existing 120V service for small "plug in" loads.
Reply to
Don Kelly