75 Degree F Recharging Temp.

What is this recommended 75 degree F recharging temperature for DeWalt batteries?

I live in the desert and cannot afford air conditioning. What do they want me to do? Wire everything to the refrigerator light?

A NiCd battery needs to recharge at 95 - 110 degrees F.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
BretCahill

When in doubt, charge at C/10 for 14 - 16 hours. An LM317 connected as a current regulator and a DC wall wart that delivers at least 3 volts higher than the battery voltage at the C/10 rate works fine for this. For example, consider a 9.6 V battery pack rated at 2 AH. You would charge that at 200 mA . The wall wart would need to be rated at 12.6 volts DC or higher, and at 200 mA or higher.

Obviously this is not the most advanced charging scheme in the world, but it does a good job and won't cook your batteries.

Reply to
ehsjr