8 jaw meter base

i have been assigned to check pt and ct connections on an old GE meter setup that has been relocated by a third party recently. meter is running backwards meter is 8 jaw s base made by GE complete with shorting interlocks ( small phenolic pins by rim ) from the limited diagram on the meter it looks like current elements are on outside voltage at 110 on inside jaws would this be a 4 element? anybody got any old diagrams or ideas as to the phaseing on this Thanks for any help Paul

Reply to
PCK

Give me the form number from the meter face and maybe I can help. No such thing as 4 element by the way.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

8 jaw, I must have a sheltered life. 5 or 7 jaw no problem. Neither of which need ct's or pt's.

Were the ct's moved? If not has anyone checked the polarity of the ct's. I like to run both wires from the ct to an accessible shorting block. I do not like it when some one decides to save $0.13 and use one common for all of the ct's and one positive wire from each one. A shorting block saves the coordination time for the shut down that is usually needed to work safely. ( in my experience)

My WAG is that the "third party reversed the polarity of the ct's when the meter was moved. Common mistake where I live and work.

Reply to
SQLit