A320 seat power question

Hi, Travelled business recently on an old A320 (SAA). On those planes, there's a 2-pin outlet next to your seat, for powering 'appliances', with a bicolour LED adjacent that tells whether the power is off (red) or on(green). With the LED green, every time I plugged my computer PSU in, the LED went red and the power stopped within a couple of seconds. I asked the staff what the problem might be, and surprisingly received an explanation - which could be fact or folklore. What they said is that for some reason you need to use a 'thin' adaptor plug, as distinct from a 'round' one. I can't see any obvious difference. Anyway, can anyone explain how these aircraft things work, and what's going on?

BTW, on other occasions, same aircraft type, the seatside power has worked fine.

Reply to
bruce varley

explanation -

was the larger plug hitting a trip button on a GFI outlet?

Reply to
TimPerry