aBattery Voltage Being Too High ?

Hello:
Have been buying a bunch of those standard 9V batteries (a few different brands) over the past few months, and have noticed that instead of 9V they
have been measuring out, with a VOM, at around 10.0 to 10.25. This is under no load.
Anyone else notice this ?
Was wondering if this might be the cause of all the problems I've been having with my fire alarms giving 3 to 4 chirps, around once a day ?
It's probably the same type of chirp signal that the unit gives when the batteries are low.
Thanks, Bob
On 5/7/07 9:29 AM, in article 6dudnfr8vtkFzqLbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com,

I don't think that voltage is unusual.
Bill -- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.