After market warning lights. Question?

Quick question to those with electrical knowledge (not me). I am very handy with mechanical work with cars, but when it comes to electrical i know nothing. I am looking to install a pair of aftermarket "wig-wag" flasher, or a pair of rear hide-away halogon flasher system. I am shooting to install them in the rear amber blinker housing, for roadside warning when on construction jobs. My first question to you are, which system would work better for my situation. A wig-wag flasher system not for use for headlights but for my "blinkers" if possable. or use a system similar to this product:

Id perfer the wig wag product only cause its cheaper, but what ever advice you can provide would be great! please and thank you.

Also one more question, when i look at the wiring diagrams of some products. it says connect the flasher system to the battery, but how am i supposed to go about doing that?! i look under the hood of my 99 chevy malibu and only see 1 large red wire coming from the battery. How do i connect it?! also wiring a fuse, what the deal with that?

Any answers to any of my questions will be of the upmost help to me. also if you have any questions for me regarding cars, dont hesitate to ask. Thanks, John p.

Reply to
littledino24

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

My advice would be to steer clear of systems that use your existing auto lamps. For this reason, I like the systems that have dedicated halogens (or strobes) that install inside fixture housings.

Unless you really know what you are doing, a poorly designed or installed 'wig-wag' system that shares brake or turn signal lamps can cause them to malfunction.

There was a story some years ago about police cars equipped with brake lamp "wig-wag" flashers that caused the auto transmission shift interlock to malfunction. As a result, there were several instances of cars not being placed into park and subsequently rolling away (over some officers, IIRC).

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.